Thursday, November 10, 2005

Some Funny Notes & Quotes...To Be Continued

Dear all,

I tried to put chocolate sauce on my bananas and ice cream for dessert – but Habiba said “No! Chocolate is only for breakfast, Mara.” …Cameroon’s totally lovable, complete and wholesome breakfast.

Francis, Estelle’s NGO boss, took us to Assiko class one day. The traffic was thick and we were late; upon reaching the worst traffic jam of the night, Francis took one look and sighed: “Ah, I’m sorry girls. I simply cannot support this traffic.” He pulled out of the right and calmly weaved through the slow-moving (but less thick) opposing traffic, then pulled into the first position in front of the jam, and patiently waited for the light to change. …We made it to Assiko unbruised, on time, and with a new scale by which to measure NYC’s relatively lawful drivers.

Ousman says to Josh, concerning the fridge he plans to buy from him (Ousman’s first fridge purchase): “Your fridge is the one that makes me love fridges. Whenever I open your fridge, it is very nice to me.”

Loving and laughing, at least outside of work,

Mara/Chlodes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home