Thursday, December 01, 2005

Recipe of the Week: Njama-njama (greens)

I am so fickle?? How can it be that every new dish I try, becomes my all-time favourite? This njama-njama recipe is the best I have tasted, or probably will ever taste (boasts Magne, agrees Alla). What separates this from the rest is the generous use of condiments – lots of tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, and spices make it taste soooo yummy. It is often cooked with beef or served with clubs of chicken and meaty cooking oil served on top, but I prefer it plain – surprise! Magne’s recipe from Bertoua…

1. wash and cut up green huckleberry leaves and juicy stem parts into small pieces – spinach will work just fine here
2. boil the leaves until soft, drain, rinse
3. in palm or other oil, fry sliced tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, salt, and Maggi cubes
4. turn into the fried condiments the greens, and serve hot

Served with fufu mais (corn cous-cous) or boiled patates (sweet potatoes). I like it best with sweet potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home